Staff Software Engineer II (Consumer Graph Integration) at Valassis Digital
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and unmatched targeting capabilities. The Valassis Consumer Graph™ contributes to this success by combining online and offline data with predictive and geospatial analytics to provide a 360-degree view of consumers’ lives.
We are seeking an outstanding Staff Software Engineer II to help build the service layer and integration components of the Valassis Consumer Graph™. You’ll be joining a talented team that is responsible for facilitating programmatic interaction with the Valassis Consumer Graph™ for internal clients and external partners. This empowers these parties with access to rich interest and purchase intent data, consumer activation functionality, and sophisticated targeting capabilities.
Things You Might Do On A Normal Day
- Build a pipeline for ingesting location information from a new third party
- Architect a system for evaluating online user behavior and producing actionable insights data
- Add a new API method to expose relationships between web beacons and consumer audiences
- Redesign an algorithm to allow for point of interest visit likelihood calculations to be performed at a drastically larger scale
- Work with the data science team to bring a Python Jupyter notebook into production
- Review architecture of web crawling infrastructure and produce plan for increasing scalability and performance using more advanced technologies
- Analyze third-party data to determine potential business value
- Instrument code with improved metric collection features and surface in Graphite and Grafana
- Collaborate with the engineering team to solve technical problems
- Build out new services and functionality to support complex workflows
- Design and develop high-performance data processing libraries
- Vocally advocate for well-designed, high-quality code
- Provide meaningful code and design reviews
- Lead initiatives that cross both functional and team boundaries
- Leave the codebase better than you found it
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience writing software in a service-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- At least 4 years of relevant development experience
- Excellent object-oriented or functional programming skills
Technologies We Use
- Java, Scala, Python, Jupyter, Spring
- PostgresSQL, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Ignite
- Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Rundeck, Docker, Kubernetes
WHO WE ARE
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and online and offline targeting capabilities that fuels superior display advertising and expanded media offerings, such as in-store campaign solutions, for advertising clients. Through proprietary technology, Valassis Digital creates meaningful marketing and advertising impact for businesses – from planning, delivery, and attribution. Valassis Digital taps into meaningful, actionable insights that drive better campaign performance.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis Digital offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k matching, long-term cash incentives program, and PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available!
Valassis Digital considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Valassis Digital will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please contact [email protected].