Staff Software Engineer II
Valassis Digital is seeking a highly motivated Hadoop engineer who will run our large scale, on-prem production Hadoop clusters. Our team owns the PoS foundation for all our digital marketing and advertising business groups. Our big data infrastructure is a multi-tenant, multi-user, SOC2/HIPAA compliant environment that serves software developers, data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts.
We are looking for an experienced administrative/operations voice on our Platform Team to:
- Manage our extensive, on-prem big data facilities
- Contribute to our platform architectural roadmap
- Constantly optimize our uptime and performance
- Participate in capacity planning
- Develop automation tools
We would love to talk to you if you have any of the following:
- 5 years of strong big data experience
- Experience on administration and management of large-scale Hadoop production clusters
- Experience with Hadoop MapReduce and HDFS
- Experience with Hadoop cluster management/administration/operations using Yarn, Ambari, Zookeeper
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Kafka or Spark Streaming
- Experience with Hadoop security and governance with Kerberos and Ranger; Exposure to security concepts and best practices; exposure to multi-user or multi-tenant systems
- A passion for optimizing the throughput, uptime, performance and cost of large Hadoop clusters
- A strong desire to study, measure, model, automate and perfect system management and operations
WHO WE ARE
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and online and offline targeting capabilities that fuel superior display advertising and media offerings. Through proprietary technology and the Valassis Digital Consumer Graph™, we power the lifecycle of marketing campaigns – from planning to activation and measurement. In fact, 19 of 20 leading brands work with Valassis Digital to drive better campaign performance.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis Digital offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k matching, long-term cash incentives program, and PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available not to mention unlimited snacks and smart, friendly coworkers!
Valassis Digital considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Valassis Digital will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please contact [email protected]