Staff Software Engineer, IT Engineering
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer/Architect to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Software Engineer/Architect at Procore, you’ll join our IT/Business Systems team responsible for the architecture, design and development of Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday and other integrated business systems. This is a tremendous opportunity to build solutions that support the backbone operations of our business.
This position has the opportunity to be located in either Austin, TX or at our headquarters in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Innovate and champion new tools, techniques and processes to drive reliability and maturity of Procore’s Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday and other business platforms
- Collaborate with all levels of the technical team to evaluate technical solutions and design trade-offs
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to clarify requirements and review functionality
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing of Salesforce releases, business systems technologies, and integration approaches
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years experience and deep expertise with Software Engineering and Force.com technologies -- Apex, triggers, Lightning, bulk data patterns, governor limits, metadata APIs, Force.com migration tool, SOQL, batch and future patterns, outbound messaging, and web services
- Experienced building and maintaining interfaces between CRM and ERP SaaS applications such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Zuora, Workday, etc.
- Innovative problem solver with top-notch software design and implementation skills
- Solid understanding of SFDC administration, configuration, and best practices
- Previous success in a technical leadership role, with a track record driving system improvements to design, testing, security, reliability, and performance
- Understanding of integration strategies and techniques, including middleware frameworks, web services, REST, SOAP, and JSON
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical field
- Expertise with object-oriented languages and OOAD principles and methodologies
- Experience with agile software development
- Knowledge of CI/CD, TDD, and version control systems
- Development experience with Salesforce.com Sales and Service Cloud, Zuora, CPQ, Marketo, NetSuite, and Workday a strong plus
- Salesforce Administrator, Developer, Consultant, or Architect certifications a strong plus
- NetSuite SuiteFoundations / Administrator / ERP Certification a plus
- Expertise in design and development using other languages like Java, Ruby, Python, C# or C++ a strong plus
- Expertise writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with enterprise level data migration and ETL/integration tools
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Looker
- Development experience with one or more of the following a plus: Autorabit, Gearset, AWS, web services, microservices, functional programming, Slack, JIRA, Git, Ant, Selenium, Provar, Jenkins, JEE, Workato, Boomi, MuleSoft
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.