Staff Software Engineer - Microservices at Realtor.com
This position is open to work remotely in US
Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
The Staff Microservices Software Engineer role helps develop and drive micro-service strategies to power our applications with reliable, performant and secure foundations. You will work alongside talented and motivated teams to design, develop, test, debug, maintain and document micro service infrastructure.
We embrace innovation, learning and experimentation, and have a culture of leveraging data to make decisions.
About the role:
- You will come in with the ability to interview stakeholders, design projects, execute against them, and mentor team mates along the way
- You will set KPIs and demonstrate how you're contributing to meeting those
- You are expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to our micro-service team and multiple teams across realtor.com
- Champion company standards and best practices. Continually evolve our micro-service best practices in partnership with peer teams, ensuring the highest of quality
- Collaborate with teams to drive and implement improvements in micro-service best practices and strategies through metrics
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- Participate in all phases of system testing.
- Demonstrated communication, writing and teamwork skills which help communicate best practices
- Successfully applies analytical thinking to make data-driven decisions
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- 3+ years of experience in Micro-services, Event Streaming architectures, Service Mesh, Data Graph, GraphQL, RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience building front- and back-end architectures and databases
- 2+ years of experience in cloud deployments and service integrations (AWS Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in Identity and Access Management software and protocols (OAuth2, JWT, Auth0, Okta)
- Fluent in version control using Git
- Familiarity with using API testing tools like Postman (or similar)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 5+ years of experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1