Staff Software Engineer - Patient Experience at Invitae
Invitae is a healthcare technology company with the mission of bringing genetic information into mainstream medicine, empowering patients and doctors to make better medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of innovative projects to turn the complexity of genomics into practical insights. If you want to advance healthcare and improve the lives of billions of people, join us!About Us
Ciitizen and Invitae have joined forces as of September 2021. Together, we are combining the power of genetic and clinical health data to advance medical care and research. Our unique platform enables patients to collect, digitize, and organize their health data. We're helping patients with cancer and other diseases to easily participate in the latest research and clinical trials, and to receive the best treatments.
Ciitizen was founded by serial entrepreneur and former Head of Health at Apple, Anil Sethi. It began with the idea that anyone should have easy access and control of their own health data.About This Role
This is a senior engineering leadership role focused on advancing our patient platform. This candidate will have a track record of building highly scalable production software that users love. They will have strong interpersonal skills, and experience working with multiple partners and teams. They will set a high standard for engineering talent and improve engineering productivity, to deliver high business value software.Key Responsibilities
- Delivers prioritized and correctly-sized technical roadmaps based on company initiatives
- Translates product open-ended business needs into robust technical architecture and designs
- Evaluates technological choices, and presents well-thought out approaches and technical trade-offs
- Mentors junior developers and sets the bar for engineering excellence
- 10+ years leading large-scale software development across multiple teams
- Deep understanding of a wide range of technologies, languages, and architectures
- Experience running distributed cloud-based applications (AWS preferred)
- Experience with microservices and event-driven architectures (Docker / Kubernetes / Kafka preferred)
- Back-end experience (e.g. NodeJS, Python, Java, Go, C#, or other)
- Prior healthcare experience a plus!
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s specialists in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve built a culture that empowers our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive pay in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.