Coder is looking for well rounded backend engineers who are passionate about building clean and sophisticated code, primarily in Golang. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class software and a track record of success creating highly and scalable software systems.
- Design and develop secure, stable, testable and maintainable software with minimal defects
- Contribute to product vision and feature decisions
- Work with customers to troubleshoot issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or at least 4 years experience actively programming
- A strong passion for computing and software
- Obsession with development workflow
- Mastery of the Go programming language
- Substantial experience with Linux
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Go on backend, Typescript/React on frontend
- Google Cloud for internal services
- Docker / Kubernetes
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Coder has two guiding management principles:
- Context Over Control
- Autonomy over Alignment
Coder believes that knowledgeable workers produce their best work when given ample information and high-level missions, not task lists. We assign employees to business areas and hold employees accountable to business areas.
Coder believes that teams produce their best results when given all the internal resources to produce a business outcome. Coder minimizes department tribalism by closely grouping cross-disciplinary employees.
Coder strives to constantly grow and dominate. We need the best people in every function to make this happen, and we pay accordingly.
Furthermore, we want everyone to feel ownership of the company’s successes and failures, so we grant generous stock options to every employee.
We believe that pay raises set a new expectation for performance, while bonuses reward past work beyond expectation. We give cash bonuses at the end of each year, and we evaluate raises every summer and winter.
Workflow: We spend our time creating accelerated workflows for developers. It is logical and natural that our own workflows are just as streamlined.
Candor: Our team improves from continuous constructive feedback. We look for employees who are open and honest with their team.
Ownership: Team members are responsible for their specific part of the company. We take pride in what we do and what we create; constructive feedback and diverse opinions will keep us on a path of continual success.
Read Full Job Description