Staff Software Engineer at realtor.com
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one-stop-shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Staff Software Engineer to join the Realtor.com Data Platform team. In this position, you will enable optimal data-driven decisions that empower our products and people. You will develop tools and platforms to collect and process data into our data lake easily, develop systems that ensure data is well defined and trustworthy, and build enabling platforms that make the data easily accessible throughout the company. You will incorporate DevOps practices, learn about and leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers, and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers
- Implement new application features that delight our users
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Develop and operationalize data pipelines, backend services, and distributed systems using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Own the delivery, quality, and reliability of our data platform and act as support for production issues, profile performance, and drive in root cause analysis.
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Perform presentations of our products/features to internal stakeholders
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 7+ years experience building data pipelines and platforms
- Proficient in Python or Java
- Familiar to cloud-based architectures, development, test, and deployment automation.
- Familiar with multiple data collecting, streaming, and processing technologies
- Knowledge of SQL, data structures, data integrity, and schema design best practices
- Ability to drive initiatives as a technical lead and subject matter expert in one or more areas
- Ability to perform technical presentations to Move’s internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, Master's degree a plus
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.