Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for an experienced systems engineer to be part of our production engineering organization, and help with the design, implementation and support of our email, DNS and load balancing infrastructure for our innovative customer experience platform. This is an excellent opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with other talented engineers. If you thrive on building high value services that are critical for the company’s success, then come join our team.
- Designing, deploying and operating services which includes email infrastructure, DNS infrastructure, and load balancing infrastructure.
- Work with other teams to ensure that these services meet the business requirements.
- Partner with teams to address customer issues regarding these services.
- Look at all services through a lens of automation and manageability.
- Work across multiple technologies with other engineers to isolate and reproduce issues.
- Participate in the oncall rotation for these services.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a technical field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting services such as email and DNS.
- Experience with domain registration, configuration and management.
- Experience running DNS infrastructure.
- Experience optimizing email reliability and deliverability using technologies such as SPF, DMARC and DKIM.
- Experience with MTAs such as postfix or sendmail.
- Experience and comfort in a production datacenter environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with high volume email services is a strong plus.
- Experience defining DNS best practices for organizations at scale.
- Intermediate or better Linux skills.
- Some server hardware understanding.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems under pressure.
- Good understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Background in Kubernetes.
- Experience with Docker containers.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.