Support Engineer Manager (Remote OK) at ActiveProspect, Inc.
ActiveProspect is an Austin-based marketing SaaS company that has been in business since 2004. Our suite of real-time lead optimization and compliance products are designed for companies engaged in online lead generation. Companies use LeadConduit, TrustedForm and SuppressionList to filter out unwanted leads, document consent for TCPA compliance, and improve conversion rates. We’ve proudly processed over 2B leads for well known brands across a variety of industries!
ActiveProspect is seeking a Support Engineer Manager to join our small, but growing Support team. This is both an individual contributor and client-facing role, as well as a management position. This person will be proficient using our suite of products to efficiently problem-solve technical questions and implement solutions for existing clients. You will become a "go to" person for technical questions about how our products work. You will also lead our Support Engineers, ensuring effective time-management, SLA achievement, and a collaborative environment. This is a demanding role that requires exceptional leadership, client relationship management, project management, communication, and technical skills. We are looking for candidates that are truly passionate about helping our clients on a daily basis.
- Work directly with the Implementation & Support Engineers and clients to understand and define their requirements and configure our products accordingly
- Become an expert so you can make recommendations to clients and coach the team to help streamline client processes using our products
- Work with clients’ technical teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues and provide integration guidance
- Work with Implementation Engineers and Client Success Managers to set clear timelines for onboarding implementations or technical projects
- Work with Product Managers to communicate bugs, feature requests, and product improvements; act as a liaison between our clients and Product team
- Adhere to timelines to ensure deadlines will be met by Implementation & Support Engineers
- Effectively manage multiple projects to ensure timely delivery dates are met
- Coordinate team to ensure proper coverage of projects, ensuring high customer satisfaction
- With CX, drive development and maintenance of internal and client-facing documentation and knowledge base articles
- Drive the continuous improvement of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Define and iterate on operational efficiencies on the team, constantly improving our ability to deliver exceptional service, scalably
- Own and deliver all reporting, SLAs, and leadership metrics
- Grow the existing team as the company scales quickly
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a good listener; understand the needs of the client and be able to suggest comprehensive and comprehensible solutions
- Ability to learn quickly; become an expert with our products and the supporting technology over time
- Outstanding problem solving skills and attention to detail; must be able to think creatively about issues to find a resolution
- Familiarity with common web protocols (HTTP, FTP)
- Experience using and managing issue/case tracking systems (Zendesk, Freshdesk, etc.), including ability to implement and provide meaningful reporting metrics from these systems
- Excellent customer service, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to and passion for managing and growing a team while contributing individually
- Internet/online advertising industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and / or minimum 4+ years experience in a client facing technical role
- 2+ years managing direct reports
- Experience in a start-up environment growing a team
- Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed client expectations at every opportunity
- Attention to detail and absolute focus on quality of work
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Benefits and Perks
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation time
- Live Music Capital Holiday
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Fun office environment with premium coffee, snacks, some lunches, and kegerator provided.
ActiveProspect is an Equal Opportunity Employer