Support Software Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Support Software Engineer. As a Support Software Engineer based in our Austin Four Points Office you will operate as the primary Engineering resource for our support and enterprise teams. You will work closely with other engineers, UI designers, and product managers to help solve platform issues and extend upon our core platform functionality.
What You’ll Do
- Help design, architect, and execute the building of applications that solve internal and external needs.
- Work closely with other engineering teams, product owners, designers, business representatives, and partners to maintain our robust eCommerce platform.
- Consult Design and Solution partners as well as high-value merchants on API best practices or custom development roadblocks as needed.
- Debug code to analyze platform problems, develop and test solutions for these issues.
- Collaborate with developer documentation, developer advocate, and knowledge base teams to ensure documentation is correct and up to date.
- Contribute to content within the BigCommerce Developer Community (code samples, use cases, engineering blog posts, etc.) as needed.
Who You Are
- 1+ years experience with building applications using at least two different languages: Ruby/Rails, PHP, Scala, Java, Python, Node, etc.
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles. You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools, without being biased toward a specific technology. You’re more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, and you’re comfortable to do that in person, over slack or email, or in a code review.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external groups toward accomplishing a task.
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills.
- Experience with eCommerce, distributed queuing systems, SaaS platforms, highly desirable.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings