System Engineer - Software at Invitae (Remote)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our assay relies heavily on software to operate. In the Systems Engineer role your responsibility is to ensure that the software part of the assay system meets our customer’s needs and is safe and secure. You’ll do this by working cross-functionally to develop system requirements and verification and allocating those requirements to software systems. You’ll contribute to the software technical architecture and implementation as well as collaborating on verification and validation. The work you do will contribute to the overall safety and security risk management.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Work with Agile Scrum product team.
- Work horizontally with other departments in company.
- Work vertically with customer or product owners.
- Establish and maintain compliant processes for and perform all phases of SDLC
- Configuration Management
- Contributing to system requirements and allocating them to software requirements
- Refining software requirements into software architecture using techniques of systems engineering.
- Security Risk Management
- Safety Risk Management
- Oversee software development life cycle
- Collaborate on system development life cycle
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 8+ years working on software engineering
- Our stack is AWS, python and CentOS, experience with these is preferred
- 4+ years working with system engineering life cycle
- 2+ years developing software architecture
- 4+ years working in pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- Strong experience in requirements management system (DOORS, JAMA, etc.)
- Familiarity with IEC 62304/ISO 13485 preferred
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You want to work on a team. You want to work closely with smart, passionate engineers and scientists. You want to get regular feedback.
- You are able to communicate complex issues with respect and tact.
- You are comfortable working in a regulated environment.
- We have high standards
- Details matter
- We have a lot of rules
- Integrity of character. You need to be able to speak up when necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related STEM field
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado from: $125,000.00
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.