Systems Engineer, DevOps at CCC Intelligent Solutions (Austin, TX)
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
Technology solutions needed to collect and analyze data is moving faster than a speeding car. Add to it the rapidly evolving “internet of things,” from millions of devices and cars. It’s now more important than ever for our customers and partners to have a platform that enables them to gather and analyze data quickly to meet the needs of their business and customers. CCC Hyperscale platform is right in the middle of it all. We are looking for a Systems (DevOps) Engineer to be a contributor to the platform and part Telematics Operations team in Austin. This Engineer is responsible for defining, building and managing product pipelines in Amazon cloud environments. In this role, you will collaborate with Software development and Operational Engineering teams to deploy and automate build and deployment of the products and systems. As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for managing releases deployments, performing patches, upgrades and maintaining the environment in accordance with established policies and procedures. The engineer will also work closely with development teams during the design of applications to provide input from operational perspective. The engineer will also troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur in Dev, Test and Production environments.
- Building CI/CD pipelines, and ensuring security
- Managing and automation of environment builds, product releases and deployments
- Work with development and operations teams to ensure continuous delivery of products
- Ability to troubleshoot, anticipate problems and provide solutions
- Ability to script and code at a production quality level
- Participate in releases to production and pre-production environments.
- Participate in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
- Experience in CI/CD software deployment automation tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker etc.)
- Ability to design and maintain deployment processes in large environments
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Experience debugging and deploying code on cloud-based applications
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available services
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible or an equivalent.
- Certifications in AWS, including AWS DevOps certification is a plus
- Experience building and deploying containers in Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Kafka or Storm is a plus
- Experience with ELK or AppDynamics is a plus
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)