Systems Engineer, Email Services at Blackbaud
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking an Application Management Production System Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective bulk email operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security.
As an System Engineer on the Infrastructure Engineering Cloud Operations (IECO) & Shared Services team you will support our bulk email clients in overcoming delivery and deliverability issues by managing our fleet of Mail Transfer Agents, resolving complex Internet Service Provider/Mailbox Provider issues, providing feedback on Email Best Practices, and supporting an application infrastructure responsible for sending billions of email messages annually.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring and responding to events.
- Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset, alignment on business priorities, focus on operational effectiveness metrics (SLA/OLAs) and drive to predictably and efficiently deliver on your commitments.
- Work directly with Development and Customer Success teams to improve our overall bulk email sending program acting as subject matter expert around all things email. You will play an integral role in the transition to cloud infrastructure of Email Services.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving email technologies.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in both Windows & Linux administration
- Working knowledge of Database and Web server Administration (Microsoft SQL and IIS preferred)
- Working knowledge of bulk mail sending Best Practices including IP/domain reputation, authentication (DKIM, SPF, DMARC)
- Demonstrated experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Microsoft PowerShell)
- Experience with source control technologies required
- A minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (AWS & Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production-impacting incidents or key customer events