Systems Engineer at Workrise (Remote)
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Systems Engineer that will be part of a team that delivers mission critical infrastructure and ensures the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Why Join us? Our IT team at Workrise helps deliver business outcomes, so business units don’t have to become technology experts. The IT team manages the technology, so the business staff can focus on business activities. While we're a very rapidly growing company with incredible potential, the IT team is still building processes, integrations, and solutions that we need a teammate to help implement and develop.What you’ll be doing:
- Provide network architecture for physical office and cloud infrastructure
- Coordinate all aspects of setting up new IT systems and controls
- Perform configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure, network, and security solutions
- Leverage tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, and security
- Strong experience with Cisco Meraki implementation and administration
- Experience with Networking / IDS / IPS / Firewalls
- Experience with cloud solutions design and operations (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience working in a fully cloud-based environment
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python)
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!