Systems Integration, Software Sales Engineer
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with offices in Santa Barbara, Boston, New York City, London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Systems Integration Sales Engineer is responsible for the pre-sales LogicMonitor monitoring modules that are deemed necessary to help support closing requirements for POC deals including DataSources, EventSources, ConfigSources, PropertySources, SysOID Maps, AppliesTo Functions within the product. A successful Systems Integration Sales Engineer will – in coordination with the Sale Engineering Manager and Monitoring Engineering Manager – create and refine monitoring that gathers actionable metrics, present these metrics in logical and consistent way, and alert according to best-practices.
- Create new pre-sales LogicModules based on sales strategic priorities and POC customer needs
- Help fix and maintain existing LogicModules based on strategic pre-sales priorities and POC customer feedback
- Continually develop deep understanding of LogicMonitor technologies to devise custom monitoring strategies
- Research technologies and provide statement-of-work guidance & SKU quoting for custom and/or expedited monitoring requests
- Work cooperatively with Customer Success, Professional Services, Product, and Engineering groups to deliver technically apt solutions
- Provide exceptional service to pre-sales customers during the course of development (timely emails and calls to clients, professional/courteous services, etc.).
- End-to-end management of the LogicModule pre-sales request process, using our ticketing system to follow development through to completion
- Make improvements to dslab and sales demo lab infrastructures as needed to assist in the development and simulation process
- Educate colleagues and customers by creating both internal and customer-facing documentation
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; technology, computer science, B.S. in technical degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience either supporting the sale of technically complex software solutions.
- Understanding of IT operations infrastructure and how the various roles are related (networks, servers, storage devices, databases, applications, etc.)