Systems Integration, Software Sales Engineer
What You'll Do:
The Systems Integration Sales Engineer is responsible for the pre-sales LogicMonitor monitoring modules that are deemed necessary to help support closing requirements for POC deals including DataSources, EventSources, ConfigSources, PropertySources, SysOID Maps, AppliesTo Functions within the product. A successful Systems Integration Sales Engineer will – in coordination with the Sale Engineering Manager and Monitoring Engineering Manager – create and refine monitoring that gathers actionable metrics, present these metrics in logical and consistent way, and alert according to best-practices.
- Create new pre-sales LogicModules based on sales strategic priorities and POC customer needs
- Help fix and maintain existing LogicModules based on strategic pre-sales priorities and POC customer feedback
- Continually develop deep understanding of LogicMonitor technologies to devise custom monitoring strategies
- Research technologies and provide statement-of-work guidance & SKU quoting for custom and/or expedited monitoring requests
- Work cooperatively with Customer Success, Professional Services, Product, and Engineering groups to deliver technically apt solutions
- Provide exceptional service to pre-sales customers during the course of development (timely emails and calls to clients, professional/courteous services, etc.).
- End-to-end management of the LogicModule pre-sales request process, using our ticketing system to follow development through to completion
- Make improvements to dslab and sales demo lab infrastructures as needed to assist in the development and simulation process
- Educate colleagues and customers by creating both internal and customer-facing documentation
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; technology, computer science, B.S. in technical degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience either supporting the sale of technically complex software solutions.
- Understanding of IT operations infrastructure and how the various roles are related (networks, servers, storage devices, databases, applications, etc.)