CUSTOMER-FOCUSED | LEADER | TENACIOUS
A Cloud Guru is looking for a Team Lead, Engineering to lead the new E-commerce team. You’ll drive agile delivery practices while owning and operating an all new universal signup and embodying a “you build it, you run it” approach to development and operations. You’ll work cross functionally with engineering teams, product and other stakeholders to deliver at scale solutions.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 2 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.What makes the Engineering team awesome...
We’re not a training company that just decided to sell training courses. We grew up out of the cloud ecosystem. We were a bunch of cloud engineers who pulled people together to create a training platform. That’s why we’re genuinely passionate about what we create. And we are known for practicing what we preach. We’ve built a product using cloud-first Serverless Architecture with tools like Lambda, API Gateway, GraphQL and ReactJS. All that aside, we're a friendly, down-to-earth, and collaborative group. There are no high-performing jerks and no heroes. Just great teams.
You'll do well at ACG if you're open to learning and trying new things, and you like to be surrounded by other friendly, passionate and driven people. –Natasja, Makeup Guru (and Software Developer)As a Team Lead, Engineering at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Drive strong Agile delivery practices, with a focus on lean and systems thinking
- Lead delivery of initiatives, providing visibility of initiative progress and roadblocks
- Work with the eComm product team to understand and analyze business and usability requirements in order to design and implement technical solutions
- Own and operate the services and systems the team is responsible for, taking responsibility for availability, performance, security and incident management
- Ensure products are well designed, well built and have flexible architectures so that they meet today’s needs while providing flexibility and agility so that they can be incrementally extended and improved as requirements change and grow
- Develop, refine and extend build of systems and tools to ensure seamless build, provisioning, deployment and monitoring of cloud services and components
- Be the technical leader in your team; help provide guidance to other developers, solve complex business logic problems, recommend new ways to utilize technologies incorporating context around scalability, cost, code maintenance etc.
- Undertake regular one-on-one meetings and conducts regular performance and development reviews
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Experience leading software engineering teams or managing people
- Experience operating as a Delivery Lead, managing and prioritizing objectives for an Agile Software Engineering team
- Experience writing software using Node, React and GraphQL
- Experience with other aspects of building software such as; software architecture, tooling, DevOps, SRE, incident management or threat modeling
- Experience driving process improvements to increase team effectiveness and quality; such as TDD, BDD, DDD or clean code and other design principles
- Ability to establish relationships, manage stakeholders and work with other business teams, using external feedback to adapt the way we ship products
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.