BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a merchant's business grows and changes, the sales channels on which they sell their products will grow and change as well. This can include adding new online storefronts, changing a POS system, adding an international marketplace, etc. In order to enable merchants to create and manage these sales channels in the way that makes sense for their business, we need to allow merchants to move their sales channels through various lifecycle stages in a consistent, expected manner. Channel Types: Storefront, POS (Point of Sale), Marketplaces and Marketing (Ads and Social).
You’ll work closely with other engineering teams, UI designers, and product managers to help assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What you’ll do:
- Be both, an active hands-on coder and effective in mentoring people
- Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
- Lead and inspire your team and other engineers to build the best ecommerce platform on the planet
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Collaborate with PM, engineers, and stakeholders in all corporate offices to promote communication and coordination
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals
- Organize and facilitate regular 1:1’s with your team for coaching and mentoring
- Build an open, positive, and energized culture
Who You Are:
- BS/MS in CS, CE, SEW, EE or MIS, or equivalent experience
- Passion for building well-defined and performant APIs.
- Experience leading, driving and retaining a high-performance team.
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or service-oriented architectures
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Solid UNIX knowledge
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided