Team Lead, Web Engineering at A Cloud Guru
CUSTOMER-FOCUSED | INNOVATE | CHAMPION
As the Team Lead, Website Engineering, you’ll lead our public website development team. This leader functions as a “player-coach” and drives agile delivery practices while managing the website development team within the larger Digital Marketing team while also contributing development work of your own. You’ll work cross functionally with engineering teams, product and other stakeholders to deliver at scale solutions.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 2 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.What makes the Engineering team awesome...
We’re not a training company that just decided to sell training courses. We grew up out of the cloud ecosystem. We were a bunch of cloud engineers who pulled people together to create a training platform. That’s why we’re genuinely passionate about what we create. And we are known for practicing what we preach. We’ve built a product using cloud-first Serverless Architecture with tools like Lambda, API Gateway, GraphQL and ReactJS. All that aside, we're a friendly, down-to-earth, and collaborative group. There are no high-performing jerks and no heroes. Just great teams.
You'll do well at ACG if you're open to learning and trying new things, and you like to be surrounded by other friendly, passionate and driven people. –Natasja, Makeup Guru (and Software Developer)As a Job Title at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Lead web development team in an agile fashion, maintaining and grooming the team’s backlog as new projects are established
- Lead development projects for the website, both large and small
- Own the technical direction for the website and its infrastructure
- QAing completed work and insuring a consistent level of quality
- Improve system for managing and addressing site content update requests
- Bring a specific passion for excellence in the area of market-facing web development
- Lead shared best practices and development standards while providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Participate in design and requirement reviews with key stakeholders and be able to communicate clearly
- Collaborate with the e-commerce signup engineering team to ensure a seamless and consistent user experience
- Cross departmental collaboration to deliver projects on time
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Experience leading and growing a team as a people leader and owning technical decisions
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects
- Proficient experience working with core web technologies such as PHP, Wordpress, HTML5, CSS, JS frameworks, AWS
- Experience with front-end architecture
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to code for cross-browser compatibility, and sites that require security/authentication
- Expertise with object-oriented coding, version/source control, bug tracking, and workflow applications/tools
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in web architecture, including performance, accessibility, and usability
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.