At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. Our vision is to be the single engagement platform connecting brands and their customers by connecting brand teams, knowledge, data, and systems at scale by connecting the best of human expertise and AI.
As a Senior Technical Consultant within our Professional Services team, you are essential to our customers' success by designing and implementing Khoros' solutions optimally for their needs. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for: understanding customer goals and guiding them to appropriate technical solutions; designing, implementing, and overseeing the development of these solutions; contributing to pre-sales efforts (feasibility, scoping, analysis, estimation); working with colleagues, as needed, throughout the design and delivery lifecycle.
- Working with customer to understand goals or requirements and guiding them to an appropriate technical solution; scoping, estimating, architecting, and implementing custom UX on Khoros' core products; articulating complex technical concepts in layman's terms
- Overseeing the delivery of projects from a technical standpoint with the goal that the completed implementation adheres to the intended design and properly addresses the business requirements
- Leading the technical track of a project and delegating project tasks to other engineers; collaborating with other engineers solve technical problems and unblock project tasks; executing code reviews
- Consulting with customers via phone and email, and occasionally in person, on Khoros UX customization best practices
- Managing and accounting for your own time and activities
- Contributing to operational and process improvements within the department
- 8+ years of professional web development experience
- 5+ years experience in a technical consulting role or similar position
- Strong command of the English language (written, spoken, colloquial); additional languages a plus
- Confidence in your presentation skills - ability to capture attention and deliver key messages in a variety of contexts (small groups to larger audiences)
- Strong foundation in semantic and accessible mark-up (HTML5/ARIA), modern CSS and layout techniques (CSS3/Flexbox/Grid), CSS preprocessors (Sass)
- An incredible eye for detail and an obsession for pixel perfection, along with the creative and critical thinking mindset to effectively combine aesthetics and usability
- Professional experience with:
- Feasibility analysis and scoping technical work using a variety of methodologies (formal and informal)
- Leading technical tracks of projects and delegating tasks to junior teammates
- Talent for troubleshooting; Eagerness to self-teach
- Experience with a server-side templating framework (e.g.: Freemarker, Velocity).
- Familiarity with UNIX command-line tools and scripting.
- Working knowledge of software revision control systems including Git and Subversion. #LI-REMOTE
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM ?
- Performance Driven
- Flexible Working hours
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance
- Gym Allowance
- Well stocked Pantry
- Commute and leave allowance
- Generous leave policy
- Among the best in industry
- Annual bonus
Equal employment opportunity
- Our employment practises
We earn trust through our actions and attitudes
We win and grow as one team
We listen learn and lead to help our customers succeed
This role is budgeted in the $110k- 120k base salary range. Salary will ultimately be based on a candidate's experience and external market factors.