Technical Instructor, Engineering Onboarding at Atlassian
The R&D Learning Enablement team's mission is to amplify practices and experiences that have a positive impact on our R&D team effectiveness. A critical program in how we fulfill this mission is through onboarding programs for our R&D functions.
This role will be responsible for the delivery, maintenance, and evolution of our global Engineering onboarding program we call team::merge(). In this role you will be the one of the first folks that all new engineers will meet and they will be looking to you to facilitate a high-touch introduction to the global engineering organization in a remote-first world as well as be a key contributor to design how the first 90 days of the employee experience for engineers.
We are looking for a Technical Instructor for each of our major regions, United States, Australia, and India to make up a new global onboarding team for our engineering organization.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Deliver our existing bi-monthly global engineering onboarding program for your region.
- Maintain and improve the code repository that contains our hands-on exercises.
- Work with leaders and subject-matter experiences across Engineering to keep content updated and program relevant to the needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with your peers in other regions to ensure the experience is consistent globally
- Design and implement improvements and expansion of the program.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Prior experience in an engineering or product organization, either as a former engineer directly or related positions that work with engineers on a daily basis, ie technical training, technical writing, technical program management, etc. This should show itself as being able to empathize and communicate to engineers with credibility and in their language.
- Ability to maintain a code base by testing exercises and making minor improvements as needed.
- Develop engaging live sessions that are engaging
- Facilitate a group through a shared experience including helping engineers to onboard and learn about internal components through hands on demonstration and or discussion, and creating an environment where everyone participates enthusiastically.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as needed
- Communication and relationship building skills with different stakeholders, including line managers, engineering leaders, and special guests who will be contributing to the total experience of the program.
More about our team
The R&D Learning Enablement team, as part of the Programs and Practices organization, has an exciting mission and roadmap to enable the best ways-of-working for cross-functional teams in the emerging future of work. We invite you to join in this incredible time to be a part of defining that future together.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .