Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We’re constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of billions of people, join our team.About our team:
Invitae is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for an experienced technical lead to help us achieve our mission. We are a team of diverse and experienced engineers who are distributed around the world. We build systems that help manage and process the genetic tests that Invitae offers. As Invitae continues to grow its product offerings, the processing and management of these tests become more complex. That’s where you come in.What you’ll do:
- Responsible for developing roadmaps and prioritizing tasks within the teams to ensure deliverables are met
- Delegating tasks within the team.
- Design, build and release new applications/services from scratch.
- Being hands-on with our production code and driving technical excellence
- Collaborate with technical and product teams.
- Mentoring software staff in technical aspects.
- Help facilitate problem solving across teams and groups.
- Help translate business requirements across the company to best-in-class experiences.
- Proven experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems.
- Experience in one of the following languages and frameworks:
- Kotlin/Spring Boot
- Extensive experience in web product development in a full time, hands on (coding) role.
- Technical experience designing and building cloud and microservice-based architectures
- Experience with agile development.
- Self-motivated individuals who are mission driven - you’re able to make progress towards team and group goals with minimal mentorship
- Passion for quality, automation and continuous improvement.
- Experience with SQL databases. Tuning and query optimization experience is a plus.
- Experience with Kafka and Debezium
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s specialists in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve built a culture that empowers our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive pay in a fast-growing organization.