At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
As a Technical Lead within our Professional Services team, you are essential to our customers’ success by auditing, tuning, and optimizing Khoros' solutions for their needs. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for: understanding customer goals and guiding them to appropriate technical solutions; designing, implementing, and overseeing the development of these solutions; directing the work of team members throughout the design and delivery lifecycle.
- Working with customers to understand goals and requirements
- Scouring existing customer implementations to find opportunities for improvement with respect to performance, security and feature adoption
- Creating detailed optimization plans based on your analysis and overseeing their execution by your team
- Delegating project tasks to other engineers; collaborating with other engineers to solve technical problems and unblock project tasks; executing code reviews
- Consulting with customers via phone and email, and occasionally in person, on customization best practices; articulating complex technical concepts in layman's terms
- Managing and accounting for your own time and activities
- Contributing to operational and process improvements within the department
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- At least 10 years of professional web development experience
- Minimum 5 years in a customer-facing role
- Strong command of the English language (written, spoken, colloquial); additional languages a plus
- Confidence in your presentation skills – ability to capture attention and deliver key messages in a variety of contexts (small groups to larger audiences)
- Talent for troubleshooting; Eagerness to self-teach
- Professional experience with:
- Performance analysis tools (e.g. New Relic, WebPageTest, Lighthouse)
- Security vulnerability assessments
- Implementing software root cause analysis procedures; ability to diagnose problems in complex technology environments
- Feasibility analysis and scoping technical work using a variety of methodologies (formal and informal)=