Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Digital Program Management Office supports a diverse set of technology teams with the charter of accelerating execution and ensuring organizational effectiveness to deliver on priorities.
The primary focus of this position will be to serve as a program leader for the Infrastructure teams (Network, On prem and cloud infrastructure, AD, DNS, and other critical components) This person will be responsible for structuring and driving execution of critical priorities in partnership with the Heads of Infrastructure Operations, Chief Information Officer, and other technical leaders to prioritize initiatives, quantify tradeoffs, scope, and ensure delivery of modernization and transformation programs.
What you will do:
- Lead implementation programs for infrastructure teams, including planning, execution, communication and change management activities
- Enable delivery and efficient operation of Infrastructure transformation programs including migration of on premise to cloud, and cloud to cloud
- Drive integration for acquired companies as part of the M&A strategy to standard policies, designs, configurations and hardware
- Improve institutional knowledge and documentation of processes, standards and best practices
- Improve measurement and reporting of key metrics related to infrastructure usage, processing and operations
- Provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations
- Tracks remediation activities and provides compliance support related to non-compliance issues
What you bring:
- Ability to work from anywhere with the ability to later travel up to 10% of the time
- 8+ years of technology, infrastructure experience, and architecture design experience
- Experienced with windows infrastructure and desktop deployment implementing controls, patching, and upgrading processes
- Broad and deep knowledge of enterprise networking technologies
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure technologies, including application and migration from on prem to cloud and cloud to cloud
- Experience leading projects with both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience coordinating and directing teams and resources in matrix environment
- Proficiency in creating and tracking complex schedules, with many cross team dependencies, managing issues and tracking issues using industry standard tools
- Strong knowledge of DevOps processes and operational practices
- Familiarity with on prem and cloud infrastructure
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Self-motivated, inquisitive thinker with the ability to connect information and challenge the status quo to find innovative solutions
- Flexible and adaptable to changing direction and priorities, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution
- Clear communicator, able to explain complex issues in simple terms to both business and technical audiences
- Positive attitude to work, run effective meetings, leaving people feeling energized and with a clear direction
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.