Technical Trainer at SailPoint
This position (which is part of our Global Education Services team) is responsible for the successful training of SailPoint partners and customers. This includes developing materials for Instructor Led Training and E-learning and also delivering training classes for instructor-led in-person and remote events.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to dig into technical products to find out how things work and then share their understanding with others. If you enjoy seeing the “light bulb” go on, this is a great job for you.
- Deliver technical training designed to enable/educate SailPoint customers and implementation partners.
- Leverage your skills and experience to research options and provide solutions to technical implementation challenges.
- Contribute knowledge to existing training programs to meet learning needs for technical, business operations and implementor audiences.
- Manage day-to-day event activities before, during and after completion to ensure consistent and successful delivery.
- Develop technical content for E-learning and instructor-led training and configure simulation environments associated with these types of classes.
- Up to 40% travel, including internationally, when delivering training is possible.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a technical role as part of an enterprise software company or systems integrator.
- 2+ years of enterprise technical training experience preferred.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role.
- Experience working in a dynamic company environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Object-oriented programming language (Java, C++).
- XML, HTML, JSON, REST APIs, Application Servers.
- System administration activities on Windows and/or Linux platforms.
- Relational Database systems / SQL (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, DB2).
- Directory systems (LDAP, Active Directory, Azure).
- Enterprise operations systems (SAP, PeopleSoft).
- Software-as-a-Service, Cloud-based solutions, CI/CD practices
- Access automation, role-based access control, or other identity and access management technologies.
- E-learning, including authoring products (Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent program.
This position is based at our Austin, TX HQ
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.