Technical Writer at Shipwell
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!TECHNICAL WRITER
The Technical Writer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, startup software company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We are looking for a strong individual contributor with at least seven years of experience developing technical documentation. As a Technical Writer you’ll have the opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with the smartest developers in the industry. We're laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we're looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.What You’ll Do When You Get Here
- Work closely with the engineering team to document Shipwell's public REST API.
- Define the technical documentation process including technology stack used for creation and publishing documentation
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent with an Advanced Degree or PhD.
- Technical writing or related experience. Extensive experience with writing technical documentation based on technical project artifacts and interactions with Subject Matter Experts, including system architects and senior software engineers required.
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the rules of composition and grammar.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly.
- Experience with REST API documentation is a plus.
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers