Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Test Software Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge software for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for software products necessary throughout all phases of test and integration. Key projects will include developing and managing software for interfacing with flight hardware and test equipment in an abstract and flexible manner that can be quickly implemented into a variety of test campaigns, developing methods to store and access generated data, and equipping the test team with other software tools necessary to efficiently accomplish ambitious testing goals.
- Design test solutions for flight hardware optimizing for reliability and efficiency
- Develop a modular, reusable test and automation software in Python (or similar languages) to be implemented in a variety of test applications to verify design and build quality
- Write software to interact with both units under test and the test equipment
- Develop custom automation solutions to facilitate testing, data storage, equipment tracking, and other tasks
- Define and implement project plans, identify and manage milestones, and set clear actionable goals that work in cooperation with goals across the company
- Identify areas that could benefit from automation, propose plans, and implement solutions
- Work closely with and receive feedback from engineering and manufacturing team members to improve test methodology in order to increase product reliability and yield
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- 3+ years of experience with hardware development or test software development
- 2+ years of programming experience using Python, LabVIEW, SQL, MATLAB, or Embedded C
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working in a version-controlled environment (Git or SVN)
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, VLANs and network security
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces for a production environment
- Extensive knowledge with a range of digital and analog interfaces including GPIB, USB, VISA, TCP/IP, VLAN, CAN bus, SPI, I2C, and analog-to-digital conversion
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, TVAC, EMI/EMC, and radiation effects
- Experience with remote control of test equipment including power supplies, digital oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, and vector signal analyzers
- Experience programming test equipment using SCPI
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.