Coder is a remote-first company, with our home base in Austin, TX.
Coder is a platform for developers by developers. If you are passionate about developer workflows, tools, automation, open source, and want to have an impact on the way code is written, you should apply.
Coder's User Experience Team is seeking a Software Engineer well versed in TypeScript as part of a highly capable engineering team working on innovative solutions. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about building clean and sophisticated code. You will be contributing directly to the company’s vision.
Your responsibilities at Coder would be to
- Design and develop secure, stable, testable and maintainable software with minimal defects
- Work closely with your peers to review and collaborate on projects
- Contribute to product vision and feature decisions
You may be a fit for the role if you have
- Excellent coding and debugging skills
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- A deep understanding of the browser and its available features
- An obsession with development workflow
You should be skilled with
- TypeScript / React / CSS
- Unix based operating system / CLI
- PostgreSQL or other relational database
Bonus points if you have
- Open source projects and contributions
- DevOps experience
- Design experience
You should include these in your application
- Resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- GitHub and/or personal blog/portfolio if available
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.
Read Full Job Description