User Experience Engineer I
The Machine Learning and Data Processing UI team works with Node, React, GraphQL, and many other cutting-edge technologies to create internal applications that are used throughout Expedia Group. We are a lean, fast-paced team that loves engaging directly with our customers to deliver products that solve their varied needs.
We produce web applications and components with the goal of empowering partners to unlock the power of their models and data sets. We work diligently with teams across our organization to implement and maintain UI standards and systems.
What you’ll do:
- You will learn to apply software design principles, data structures, algorithms and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, main table, optimized and modular with good naming conventions.
- You will look for opportunities to participate in user studies and tests.
- You will reach out to meet peers across environment and collaborate to solve problems
- You will understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- You will develop and test standard software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- You will apply formal training methods to current workload and feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo.
- You will ask challenging questions when empowered to do so.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in a related Technical field; or Equivalent professional experience Equivalent experience includes experience building at least 3 software projects by yourself.
- You can engage in discussing new topics and feel empowered to challenge the status quo.
- You have familiarity with Node.js
- You understand CSS, the DOM and browser/device differences.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.