Vice President, Developer Relations and Community at MongoDB
The data management market is massive - IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024! - and MongoDB is disrupting it faster than any other company. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day on every device in their lives. We are the leading modern application data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. MongoDB has been downloaded over 155 million times and has been voted the most wanted database by developers for four years running. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity!
Are you looking for the chance to lead and expand the most skilled and engaged developer community in the world? We’re looking for a VP-level candidate to lead our Developer Relations and Community teams. You’ll report directly to the CTO, and you’ll work closely with our key leaders in Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Support, and Marketing.About You, the Role, and the Team
As the VP, you’ll set the vision and mission with your team. You will use your skills and experience to guide your leadership team, inspire your org, and make a lasting impact at MongoDB and in the wider developer community. You’ll lead and grow a globally distributed organization focusing on the experience of developers using our products to solve problems, gain insights, and build fantastic apps. Your organization will plan, develop, implement, and collect feedback on content, events, design, and tools. You’ll be responsible for
- The MongoDB community, encompassing our forums, user groups, and champions program
- The Developer Advocacy program which engages developers where they are with the development stacks that they use
- The MongoDB event content team, which is responsible for the developer focused sessions and keynotes at the MongoDB events around the world
You’re a great candidate if you...
- Are passionate about attracting, teaching, and delighting developers at all levels of experience
- Can build developer communities founded on long-term loyalty and trust
- Can think strategically, with long-term vision, while collaboratively building and executing plans that have short-term impact
- Have a service-oriented approach to leadership and a highly collaborative working style
- Excel at empowering your teams with vision and strategy, delegating projects and responsibilities, and holding them accountable with clear expectations of needed results
- Are comfortable speaking with analysts and the media
- Enjoy coaching and growing people to their full potential through empowerment and goal-sharing
- Can work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders at the VP and C-level
- Led a developer relations organization for 5 years or more
- Led multiple disparate teams as a leader of leaders
- Hold a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- Deep experience in developer advocacy and community building.
- Have 15 or more years of proven experience in software development or a related field, ideally with a special emphasis in databases, distributed systems, and cloud technologies
- Defined product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies
- Can recognize outstanding content and coach teams to build it
- Focused on impact. Proven project management skills to lead teams to create goals and work towards them, then measure the results
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.