At realtor.com, we believe that everyone deserves a home. We are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling/renting process, and to enable more people to achieve the dream of home ownership. To help us achieve this mission, we are looking for a VP of Engineering to lead our Buyer Experience technology organization.
As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of teammates, learn and innovate, make a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to grow yourself while making a meaningful impact on our business, users and company culture, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you will be a key member of the Engineering Leadership team, overseeing our Buyer Experience technology organization, reporting to the CTO. You will provide technology leadership, develop a culture of collaboration and humility, partner closely with company executives, align roadmaps to business outcomes, and lead a diverse and distributed team of highly-skilled engineers.
What You'll Do
- Lead our Buyer Experience engineering community as we continue to scale, and build a high-performance, world-class organization of fullstack, backend and mobile engineers
- Own the technical vision for realtor.com and the Realtor mobile apps used by millions of people every day
- Partner with company leadership to develop a technology strategy that enables our products and user experiences to be more data-driven and deeply personalized
- Be an advocate for our users, and drive innovation in the consumer experience
- Provide passionate, innovative and inspiring leadership and support
- Connect an obsession with the consumer with a passion for building best-in-class experiences
- Recruit strong engineering talent that represents the diversity of our audience, with clear and consistent hiring strategies
- Build and maintain a culture of humility, execution excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback
Who You Are
- Extensive experience with architecture and design of highly-scaled products that are used daily by millions of consumers
- Passionate about building and scaling engineering orgs that emphasize an inclusive culture, with teams that are both eager to learn and deeply curious
- An analytical and thoughtful leader who leverages data and metrics to drive decision-making
- Prior experience leading an engineering organization of 50 or more developers
- A highly-collaborative partner, who enjoys partnering with product management, design and data science teams to align the organization on joint goals
- An engaging communicator, who makes complex and nuanced topics accessible to the larger organization through relevant examples and storytelling
- Have demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives and managing stakeholders
- Have proven experience attracting, retaining, and growing top engineering talent
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.