VP of Engineering
At CoinCart, we believe that cryptocurrencies and digital assets have the ability to democratize finance, bringing financial services and opportunity to people across the world. We're building the infrastructure for a fully digital financial system powered by cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
CoinCart's first product is a SaaS tool designed to simplify the payment processing, accounting, and information collection for ICOs and digital asset sales. To date, CoinCart has processed $10m+ in sales, in less than 6 months, for a growing list of token projects and startups.
We're looking for someone passionate about growing and getting the best out of the engineering team at CoinCart, who can step into a leadership role and accelerate the rate of product development. The VP of Engineering’s primary responsibility is the creation of an environment that sets the team up for success. As a servant leader you will create safe spaces for ideas and experimentation, help remove barriers to progress, and build bridges for collaboration around the company.
You will thrive in this role as a great manager and team builder, uniting internal and external resources to produce the best product. You will be an excellent recruiter, a strong communicator, and a thoughtful issue resolver to build a motivated, engaged and happy team around you. As the engineering team grows, you will take a hands-on role in the architecture and infrastructure powering these products.
To be successful, you'll need...
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- Proven ability to build secure, scalable cloud-based software applications
- Real passion for shipping products that contribute to customer happiness immediately
- Run the team on a day to day basis, whether via Agile/Scrum/Lean/etc.
- Take responsibility for assessing the time to deliver features (or products) and deliver quality releases on that schedule
- No hesitation to get your hands dirty to get the product shipped
- An interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and FinTech
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both to your team and the larger organization
- React frontends
- Hosted databases (Postgres & Firebase)
- Managed cloud servers and functions (AWS & GCP)
- Ruby microservices
- NodeJS webservers
- Cryptocurrency nodes and APIs
What we offer
- Attractive salary and stock option plan
- Health insurance
- A new loaded MacBook Pro or equivalent
- A vibrant office space with unlimited cold brew and La Croix
- The chance to build the future of finance with our amazing team
- The opportunity to destroy big banks 🔥⚡️
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.