VP of Engineering at CesiumAstro (Austin, TX)
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Vice President of Engineering to our team. The ideal candidate has built and led geographically distributed engineering teams developing revolutionary hard tech solutions. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about team development and product creation, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will drive delivery of existing products, guide product evolution, and establish world-class engineering capabilities. The rapid growth of our team, customer programs, and product potential is just beginning, and you will bring just the right amount of organization to this disruptive chaos. We are building a communications platform for the next network frontier, and that begins with an engineering team of uncommon capability and visionary leadership.
- Add immediate technical value to product architecture discussions and business proposals
- Translate company vision into concrete, measurable engineering deliverables
- Set engineering roadmap and priorities, and efficiently run day-to-day operations
- Envision, establish, and implement a workforce proposal structured for achievement of product roadmaps and milestones
- Enable aggressive product completion timelines while ensuring quality targets are achieved
- Open new engineering sites in planned U.S. locations, implementing local and functional leadership
- Lead, manage, and inspire distributed teams
- Develop engineering talent and career ladders, establishing a high-performance culture
- Collaborate with executive peers to achieve company business targets
- Assist with a wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup
Successful candidates will have:
- Advanced degree in electrical and computer engineering is preferred; other advanced engineering degrees will be considered
- Prior role featuring hands-on engineering design and development activities
- Experience delivering advanced communications products and systems
- Experience managing significant team growth; ideally, multiples of the original size
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to change an industry and disrupt incumbent players
- A list of successful leaders s/he has inspired, mentored, and developed
- Sense of urgency, with ability to work well under pressure
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly growing startup company
- Background in development for government/defense programs
- Background in RF or networking technologies
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.