Web Developer, Quality Automation at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Do you love finding ways improve the quality of websites? Are you passionate about automating routine tasks? Do you strive to improve quality across the board by building scalable automated test solutions? Then keep reading!What's cool about this job.
The developer in this role will have a particular focus on improving our testing, automation, and monitoring processes. We're looking for someone who can take our existing CI/CD setup and push it beyond its current bounds, to quickly and safely maintain 20 websites that share a common code base.
The candidate will join a dynamic group of engineers who embrace both change and persistence. The QA Developer is entrusted to work with their teammates to anticipate and preempt challenges to site reliability. Additionally, as technology leaders in the industry, they are encouraged to explore groundbreaking tools and identify how they can help us solve next week’s problems today.The day to day
- Mentoring fellow engineers on writing code with quality in mind.
- Building frameworks that scale and test environments that power dozens of actively changing websites.
- Preventing issues from negatively affecting our visitors by building scalable test solutions run in advance of deployment
- Guiding our testing efforts through unit, functional, acceptance, and regression tests
- Researching and investigating new technologies that better our quality at all levels
- Gathering metrics that help show the value of our awesome quality efforts
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Comfort working in Unix based operating systems
- Appetite for knowledge and a can-do attitude
- Solid understanding of Quality Engineering methodologies and approaches
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years in Quality Software Engineering experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to self-organize and self-prioritize
- Experience with WordPress and the WP Engine platform
- Experience with release management
- Experience working with distributed teams
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.The perks and benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.