We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 750,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring out A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Web Developer role
The Marketing Web Developer is an important part our Marketing Team as we build websites, landing pages, and emails for A Cloud Guru’s amazing and very dedicated customers. You’ll get to work across projects supporting our original content, conferences, product releases, and other offerings while learning best practices and advising how to make the best experience we can for our customers and team. We are a very collaborative environment, so you’ll have a voice and view into decisions made and shared accountability for results.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Develop web sites, landing pages, and emails to present information to our customers about A Cloud Guru’s original content, conferences, product updates, and other offerings
- Collaborate with Marketing Team in implementing new tools and practices
- Maintain existing web sites, landing pages, emails and tools
- Work with a fun brand
- The opportunity to learn best practices for development and marketing
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work in a team focused culture
- Own deliverables and contribute to overall team goals
- Learn new technologies quickly
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- 2+ years experience coding HTML for the web and email by hand along with general understanding of what’s possible for each
- 2+ years experience coding CSS for responsive websites and familiar with at least one framework (Bootstrap, Tailwind, Foundation, etc) and a preprocessor (like SASS or LESS)
- Browser and email client testing for display and functionality. We’ll be answering a lot of questions regarding what a technology can do and if it is widely supported
- Experience with image editing software for creating and editing visual assets: Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, etc.
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our shiny new offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.