Web Developer at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.What's cool about this job
As a Web Developer in the Storefront and Digital division, you'll build modern enterprise-grade systems that power a ground-breaking ecommerce and marketing platform. The Storefront development team provides the infrastructure for WP Engine's public properties by empowering ecommerce, content management, systems integrations, and demand generation partners in the company. We also give back to the WordPress community by releasing our open-source products and contributing to WP Core.
The developer in this role will have a particular focus on improving our testing, automation, and monitoring processes. We're looking for someone who can take our existing CI/CD setup and push it beyond its current bounds, to quickly and safely maintain 20 websites that share a common code base.The day to day
- Develop innovative plugins and features utilizing WP Engine’s platform.
- Build automated delivery and quality assurance methods.
- Integrate with APIs from other systems to ensure data consistency throughout the Marketing funnel.
- Code and style new frontend templates for our digital experiences.
- Provide the foundation and infrastructure of our sites using a diverse skillset across the frontend and backend.
- Explore new technologies and create new revenue streams for the company.
You're a good fit for this position if you describe yourself like we do.
- We push the bounds of what's possible with WordPress with every project.
- New, unknown, or complicated technical specifications excite us to find creative new ways to empower the end user.
- Years of experience working on projects where both needs and solutions are always in flux.
- Maintain the volume and velocity of work found in a fast-paced agency environment.
- We are active participants in team and departmental meetings.
- Minimum 4 years WordPress development experience
- An understanding of version control and the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of web and WordPress security best-practices
- Baseline understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication
- Microservices-specific workflows and CI / CD
- End-to-end user testing
- Search Engine Optimization knowledge (SEO)
- Experience developing React and Gutenberg applications
- Experience with Composer, Yarn, and Webpack
- Integration with APIs and OAuth
- Website design experience
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.The perks and benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.