Web Engineer, Marketing
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
As a Web Engineer on our Marketing team, it is your responsibility to build and grow our system of websites, CMS integrations, endpoints and services that power our company. You will build fast, performant, scalable web experiences that effectively convert visitors to customers and improve their user experience. In addition, you will have a chance to build and maintain back-end services that our websites rely on. This role requires you to work cross-departmentally on larger projects as well as lead technical tasks through development, testing and deployment.
Projects you will get to work on:
- We want to build a personalized user experience on our website
- We are taking a deep dive to improve the Site Speed, page optimization, and SEO of our website
- We are building APIs to support website functionality
- We are constantly striving to improve conversion rate through testing and data analytics
- Learn about and build APIs and other back-end services using Node or Python
- Learn other frameworks such as React and Vue
- Work closely with designers and project owners, generate new ideas, and constantly seek out ways for the team to improve
- Write high quality code that promotes reuse, readability, and current best practices
- Stay current with rapid innovation in web technologies
- Effectively communicate technical principles to (sometimes) non-technical people
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews across devices, browsers and environments
We are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of professional front-end web development experience
- Experience with Git
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Experience with Build processes
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, or Figma
- Proficiency with cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Proficiency coding HTML email and optimizing performance across clients
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Vue, Angular or React
- Experience with Webpack, Gulp or Grunt
- Experience with Node and NPM
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Strong interest in learning and expanding your personal toolbox of skills
- Bonus for experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Bonus for experience with unit and E2E tests
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Dry Cleaning
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
** If you have a github or work samples please provide. **