At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
The Marketing Technology & Platform team at Cloudflare sits at the intersection of web engineering, user experience design, and digital go-to-market. The Web Experience Manager will drive business growth by optimizing the visitor experience for Cloudflare’s web properties and displaying the right content to the right audiences at the right time. You’ll apply your deep experience in optimizing websites, A/B testing, and analyzing data, to create a visitor experience that delights visitors and fuels business growth.
We’re looking for an analytically and technically-strong marketer that’s passionate about finding problems through research and insights, and experimenting with bold ideas to create excellent experiences that drive revenue. You will work closely with stakeholders in Marketing to feature impactful content in the most visible areas of our website. In addition, you'll partner with our Experience Design and Engineering teams to plan and execute a roadmap of bold ideas that drive measurable growth of enterprise opportunities and self-serve conversions. This is a critical and highly visible role where you will drive changes and bring ideas to life that will be seen by millions of people per week.
- Find issues and opportunities - Use research, data analysis, and insights from around the company to identify issues and opportunities that can help improve the web experience and drive business growth.
- Bring bold ideas to life - Find the gems, then prioritize the strongest and boldest ones to create a growth-focused experimentation roadmap for Cloudflare’s web properties.
- Own and drive experimentation - Quarterback the end-to-end optimization process, from hypothesis creation to final deployment, with an eye toward maximizing speed, experiment rigor, and quality.
- Make data-driven decisions - Use web engagement data, web KPIs and sales KPIs to measure and report the business impact of your optimization efforts.
- Show the right content to the right people at the right time - Support Product Marketing to merchandise and update content to showcase important content about product updates, announcements, and key Cloudflare news to the right audience.
- Improve personalization effectiveness - You will help improve the sophistication and effectiveness of marketing’s personalization efforts. This can include personalizing the right locations, improving audience definitions, developing a personalization playbook, and more.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of Growth Marketing or Performance Marketing experience that included website a/b testing and personalization.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset that can extract data, manipulate it, analyze, and synthesize it as needed to find actionable insights.
- Proficient using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Salesforce.
- Strong experience working with an A/B besting and personalization platform such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, or similar
- Great collaborator that can partner with design and engineering to create exceptional experiences that delight visitors and improve key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn as well as ability to operate independently, to effectively influence multiple stakeholders to achieve goals without direct authority.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.