Accounting Associate at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We are a company of fun-loving, hard-working achievers. We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear — we are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Our Austin team works in two offices in downtown Austin. Both enjoy panoramic city views and an open floor plan with breakout rooms that encourage collaboration and innovation. When you join LogicMonitor, you will be working alongside some of the brightest minds in one of the fastest growing global software firms. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion. This is your chance to join us on our journey as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
What You'll Do:
The Accounting Associate will play a critical role in the Finance team to assist in scaling our accounts payable and financial reporting processes, systems and capabilities. This role will have the opportunity to make a company wide impact by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of invoice processing, financial reporting as well as bank/month-end close reconciliations and processing of high volume, domestic and international transactions in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly journal entries, subledgers and reconciliations for balance sheet accounts for domestic and international entities
- Investigates, researches, and resolves accounting discrepancies
- Collaborates with department leaders internally including FP&A, Procurement, Facilities, Business Systems, People Ops, etc. to ensure completeness of month end accruals
- Assists Senior Accountant in the preparation of flash reporting, vendor spend analysis, and income statement budget v. actual analysis
- Takes leadership role in Accounts Payable process through daily management of AP Inbox
- Takes administrative role in Coupa Procure-to-Pay system by supporting and remediating discrepancies with internal and external users and ensuring accurate GL coding of invoices and purchase orders
- Takes leadership role in cash management process by timely and accurately reconciling bank accounts, creating and distributing virtual cards, processing batch and wire payments, and communicating with suppliers to obtain banking details
- Recommends and implements process improvements through the development of automated processes
- Performs adhoc tasks including assisting with preparation of audit support, state and local tax inquiries, third party financial reporting, contract administration, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 0 - 2+ years of Accounting or related Finance experience preferred
- Experience with Netsuite, Coupa or similar platforms preferred
- Experience with detailed General Ledger Accounting a plus
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines and to handle unexpected, time-sensitive requests
- Track record of paying sharp attention to detail and accuracy, and a dedicated work-ethic