Accounting Manager - Bookkeeping Services at ScaleFactor
ScaleFactor, one of Austin’s Best Place to Work and voted Coolest Company in Austin, is a high-growth SaaS company that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. We are experiencing an enormous amount of growth, and we need "A" Players to join our team here at ScaleFactor. If you are tech savvy and an exceptional Accounting Manager who is ready for the next chapter in your career and want to be a part of a fast-growing Fintech Company, then we look forward to speaking with you!
JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager - Bookkeeping Services
You are a tech-savvy multi-tasker who can handle and deliver on competing priorities and deliverables. Your can-do attitude inspires your team and your speed in accomplishing tasks helps you thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Your incredible attention to details enable you to identify and resolve problems quickly while you gather and analyze information accurately. You are a technically competent Accounting Manager and comfortable utilizing various accounting softwares to perform your job. Your superior communication skills enable you to get your point across completely and effectively. Your adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results create a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Our Accounting Manager of Bookkeeping Services will work closely with our in-house Bookkeeping Lead and specialized off-shore accounting team. Tasks will vary from day to day but will include the following:
- Managing the big picture on a team of specialists involved in processing a high volume of bank and credit card transactions
- Ensuring training and development of new specialist team members is being conducted effectively through the bookkeeping lead and training manager
- Developing efficiencies and standardizing internal procedures and processes
- Driving quality of output through the use of metrics and reporting. Continuous development of metrics and dashboards with the support of our data engineering team
- Collaborating with the Senior Manager of the group on budgeting and headcount forecasting
- Process Customer complaints through our Issues Management platform and bring them to resolution
- Handling of customer tickets and issues on the team’s specific work that are escalated to you from the bookkeeping lead
- Work with the Product Manager of Bookkeeping to drive software improvements
- At least 3 years of solid experience in a high volume comparable accounting role
- At least 5 years experience managing a team of accountants
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Proficient in Excel and possess a working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Experience with various accounting and operations software platforms, cloud-based accounting tools including, but not limited to Xero, QuickBooks Online
- Experience with Bookkeeping for SMB’s in a variety of industries and a general understanding of Bookkeeping principles.
- Experience working on multiple accounts simultaneously
- Financial Technology start-up company experience
- Offshore and/or shared services experience
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 to 2019 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, snacks, Topo Chico / La Croix / Waterloo
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your one-page resume highlighting skills and requirements for the Accounting Manager of Bookkeeping Services position
Keywords: CFO, Controller, SOX/Internal Controls/Compliance, Auditor, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Specialist, Data Entry, Entry Level Accountant, Financial Reporting, SEC Reporting, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, CPA, CFA, MBA, Collections, Billing, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Back Office Operations, Banking Operations, Collateral Management, Commercial Credit & Lending, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Derivatives, Equity Analyst, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, Government Clearance, International And Domestic Trade Support, Investment Analyst, Performance Analyst, Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Analyst, Research Analyst, Intermediate Level Accountant.
Other: Financial Planner, Cost Accountant, Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Analyst, International Controller, Financial Analyst, VP Of Finance, Treasurer, Assistant Controller, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Mutual Fund Analyst, Credit Analyst, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Manager, Financial Assistant, Director Of Investor Relations, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Fixed Asset Accounting, Business Process Reengineering, Risk Management, Value-Added Analysis, SAP, GAAP, Financial Projections, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Financial Statements, Expense Analysis, Tax Reporting, Tax Planning, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Portfolio Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Financial And Strategic Planning, P&L Management, Auditing And Compliance, Operating And Working Capital, Budget Management, Mergers And Acquisitions, Cash-Flow Management, Business Valuations, Data Warehouse Reporting, Audits And Compliance, A/P, A/R, Regulatory Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Bank Reconciliations, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, Spreadsheet, Xero, Bill.com, Quickbooks, Abacus.