Accounting Manager- Revenue at Evernote
About the team
The Evernote Finance team is growing! This is the team that maintains the integrity of the numbers and ensures that our iconic brand stewards the resources it needs to continue its awesome trajectory. As a Revenue Accounting Manager, you will be at the center of this, reporting directly to the Controller. The role includes a combination of operational and technical elements that provide for an intellectually challenging and impactful opportunity.
What you'll do
- You will ensure accurate and timely revenue reporting in the Company’s consolidated financials to comply with US GAAP and all applicable internal-control requirements.
- You will review and approve month-end close tasks, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll forwards, fluctuation analysis, and revenue recognition analytical reviews for all of the Company’s revenue streams.
- You will develop and streamline processes and controls around revenue and related financial reporting metrics. You will create efficiencies and simplification by leveraging technology solutions and automation.
- You will partner closely with FP&A, Commerce, Data Analytics, and Legal teams to identify key reporting needs around bookings, revenue, and gross margin.
- You will provide oversight and review of billing operations, including AR Aging reviews and customer collections
- You will draft, document, and manage revenue accounting policies and procedures.
- You will support bookings reporting needs as part of global income tax and indirect tax compliance requirements
- You will mentor an internal revenue accountant and manage vendor relationships with bookkeepers across the Company’s multiple international subsidiaries
- You will play a significant role in critical finance projects, including consolidated and statutory financial statement audits, and other assignments as we take the Finance function to another level of business impact
Who you are
- Minimum of 6+ years revenue reporting experience, ideally a mix of Big 4 audit and operational accounting
- Exposure to B2C SaaS environments preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize a high workload and meet strict reporting deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment
- Gritty, hands-on, resilient team-player with a high degree of pride and ownership over their functional areas
- Passionate about process, continuous improvement, and leveraging systems and technology
- Advanced Excel skills and an ability to work with large volumes of transactional data a must; SQL preferred
- Experience with major ERP and billing systems required (NetSuite and Zuora preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- CPA License preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.