ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. If you are a savvy Technical Accounting Manager who wants to be an integral part of our New Customer Onboarding Team, we would like to talk to you!
TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER NEW CUSTOMER ONBOARDING TEAM
You are highly self-motivated and versatile Technical Accounting Manager with a can-do attitude, have incredible attention to detail, and are looking to work for a fast growing Fintech company that is changing the way the industry views finance and accounting for SMEs. You are open to change and possess a willingness to embrace new technology and software. Your accounting knowledge and administrative skills are some of your strengths as well as your ability to handle multiple customers’ technical accounting needs concurrently while providing a delightful experience. You are comfortable taking unorganized accounting files and processes and working directly with the customer to implement best practice accounting standards and efficiency improvements. You have a passion for fully owning projects from beginning to end and enjoy working on a multitude of accounting, finance, and organizational duties in a variety of areas. Your ability to juggle tasks and changing priorities, work ethic, emotional intelligence, positive energy, and desire to immerse yourself in your craft make you the best at what you do.
You will work with the New Customer Onboarding Team’s Technical Accounting Managers to welcome new customers to the ScaleFactor community by performing the following tasks:
- Clean up accounting files for new customers including classification of historical transactions, the creation of adjusting journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement items
- Work closely with customers to identify gaps and issues within their accounting and finance processes and documentation
- Analyze and review the profit and loss statement through identification of trends and outliers
- Identify discrepancies and reconciliation issues within the balance sheet and determine the most efficient resolution
- Assess and improve customer processes to increase efficiencies and improve financial reporting and business analytics
- Perform quality control for customer deliverables. Attention to detail is a must to ensure the high-quality standards ScaleFactor sets for our customers’ financials.
- Lead a team of Senior Accounting Analysts, Accounting Analysts, and Accounting Specialists by delegating tasks and managing performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Mastery of accounting concepts, financial statements including working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for SMEs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customer-facing and consultative work experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting role either as an Accounting Manager or Senior Accountant
- Understanding of the accounting life-cycle and all that it entails for startups and growing businesses
- Master’s degree in Accounting & CPA
- Previous client-facing or consulting roles
- Previous project management experience
- Experience with cloud accounting tools including, but not limited to Xero, QBO, Gusto, Bill.com, Expensify, and Abacus
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work + voted one of Coolest Austin Companies
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options for all our full time employees
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, snacks, catered Friday lunch, meals on work late days
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
BE OUR NEXT TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER NEW CUSTOMER ONBOARDING TEAM!
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your completed Technical Accounting Manager New Customer Onboarding Team application online!
Keywords: CFO, Controller, SOX/Internal Controls/Compliance, Auditor, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Specialist, Data Entry, Entry Level Accountant, Financial Reporting, SEC Reporting, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, CPA, CFA, MBA, Collections, Billing, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Back Office Operations, Banking Operations, Collateral Management, Commercial Credit & Lending, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Derivatives, Equity Analyst, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, Government Clearance, International And Domestic Trade Support, Investment Analyst, Performance Analyst, Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Analyst, Research Analyst, Intermediate Level Accountant,
Other: Financial Planner, Cost Accountant, Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Analyst, International Controller, Financial Analyst, VP Of Finance, Treasurer, Assistant Controller, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Mutual Fund Analyst, Credit Analyst, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Manager, Financial Assistant, Director Of Investor Relations, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Fixed Asset Accounting, Business Process Reengineering, Risk Management, Value-Added Analysis, SAP, GAAP, Financial Projections, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Financial Statements, Expense Analysis, Tax Reporting, Tax Planning, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Portfolio Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Financial And Strategic Planning, P&L Management, Auditing And Compliance, Operating And Working Capital, Budget Management, Mergers And Acquisitions, Cash-Flow Management, Business Valuations, Data Warehouse Reporting, Audits And Compliance, A/P, A/R, Regulatory Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Bank Reconciliations, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, Spreadsheet