OJO Labs was founded on the belief that complex decision making could be made better through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. Our company has developed a unique, AI-based technology that combines natural language processing, machine learning, and human support. The offering allows for consumers to gain a better understanding of the market as well as their own wants and needs prior to interacting with an expert.
The first big decision we’re tackling is homebuying and selling. We are building an end-to-end real estate platform which provides consumers personalized guidance throughout their journey, readying them to make meaningful connections with experts. In addition, we provide brokers, agents, and loan officers warm and informed introductions to consumers, along with the tools to support a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries while setting a new standard for engagement between people, information, and companies.
About the OJO Finance Team
The Finance team is small but highly effective. We strive to provide valuable information to our stockholders through financial performance graphics and insight, as well as accurate and timely financial statements. We are the team behind the curtains that keep the business running financially. The work is not always behind the curtains though, many of our responsibilities require coordination across all departments in the organization. The foundation of our work is built on attention to detail, analytics, research, and problem solving. We value what makes you different and encourage you to act on your ideas.
What you'll do
- Assist the VP Finance with management of accounting and financial operations functions including general ledger maintenance, consolidations, accounts payable, billing and collections, revenue, cost and asset accounting and reporting
- Develop team members and supervise daily activities
- Execute judgment and ensure the right decisions are reached to accurately report financial results
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers
- Evaluate and make improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organizational accounting practices and applicable laws and regulations
- Understand internal control design concepts to assess the effectiveness of controls and design new effective processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities
- Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budget and timelines
- Support annual financial statement audits
- Assist with merger & acquisition accounting and integration
What we need from you
- Fierce alignment with OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Hire Great, and Show Compassion
- Masters Degree in Accounting or equivalent and CPA certification required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in accounting and 2+ years of supervisory experience required; Big four audit background and experience working for or with high-tech companies preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency understanding and applying US GAAP
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Aptitude for team leadership—influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Experience working on small teams and an ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel skills and Netsuite ERP experience preferred
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock options
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Hip SoCo Austin Office
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN, San Mateo, CA and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 300 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been named to the Inc. Best Places to Work list for the second year in a row. Backed by top-tier VCs and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.