Accounting Manager at OJO (Austin, TX)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:57 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About the OJO Finance Team
The Finance team is small but highly effective. We strive to provide valuable information to our stakeholders through financial performance graphics and insight, as well as accurate and timely financial reporting. The Finance team comprises of accounting, strategic finance and business operations, all of whom are highly integrated with their business counterparts. The foundation of our work is built on trust, attention to detail, analytics, research, and problem solving. We value what makes you different and encourage you to act on your ideas.
What you'll do
- Partner with our existing Accounting Manager to assist the VP of Finance with management of accounting and financial operations functions including general ledger maintenance, consolidations, accounts payable, billing and collections, revenue, cost and asset accounting and reporting
- Develop team members and supervise daily activities
- Execute judgment and ensure the right decisions are reached to accurately report financial results
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers
- Evaluate and make improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organizational accounting practices and applicable laws and regulations
- Understand internal control design concepts to assess the effectiveness of controls and design new effective processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities
- Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budget and timelines
- Support annual financial statement audits
- Assist with merger & acquisition accounting and integration
What we need from you
- Fierce alignment with OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Hire Great, Show Compassion, and Earn Trust
- Masters Degree in Accounting or equivalent and CPA certification required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in accounting and 2+ years of supervisory experience required; Big four audit background and experience working for or with high-tech companies preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency understanding and applying US GAAP
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Aptitude for team leadership—influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Experience working on small teams and an ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel skills and Netsuite ERP experience preferred
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.