Are you an experienced, tech savvy, self driven accountant that pays attention to the details while constantly thinking towards to the future? Are you ready to a join a company where you can contribute value and grow? Do you want the flexibility to work REMOTE?
Accomplice is searching for an Accounting Manager/Controller who has the institutional know-how along with the desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, FUN environment. The ideal candidate will be able to take over the day to day accounting operations of the company while continuously establishing and improving financial processes.
- Proactive and driven for accuracy, effective with multi-tasking and very organized.
- Independent; a confident self-starter with a competitive side
- Enjoy troubleshooting and finding the most effective ways of getting things done
- Matter of fact and data-filled with your communication
- Known for your ‘by the book’ style and loves researching to obtain factual information to be a subject-matter expert
- You expect a lot out of yourself and others and will follow up with team members to insure tasks are done correctly
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organization structure adequate for achieving the departments’ goals and objectives.
- Oversee & manage relationship with outsourced bookkeeping agency
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in house, while managing other outsourced functions.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations
- Ensure accuracy & JL entries for intra-company transactions
- Ensure that all transactions within the firm and its subsidiaries are managed and recorded in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create and present reports, including but not limited to - financial statements, performance reviews, parter equity statements, annual budgets, forecasts, variances.
- Establish & maintain vendor accounts
- Coordinate the provision of information to external CPA for the annual tax prep and audit.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Oversee & ensure accuracy in the month-end closing and accounts reconciliation processes
- Implement and start-up of new clients
- Ad-hoc projects related to accounting, finance and business operations
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of accounting/business experience. Experience in a multi-entity environment with cross company transactions is desired.
Salary range of $70,000 - 90,000 based on experience, medical/supplemental benefits, a fun environment and an outstanding opportunity to telecommute at least 50-75% of the time.
Candidate should be located in or near Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX and able to be onsite in Austin frequently during the first 1-2 months; after that period, the candidate will primarily work from home.