Accounting Supervisor at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.Amherst Residential is seeking a self-motivated, autonomous, intellectual curious accounting professional to join the Accounting team as an Accounting Supervisor. This position is responsible in supporting the day-to-day management of the Company’s accounting operations, including the production of financial reports and analysis, record and review of journal entries, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls. The Accounting Supervisor reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Support the Company’s overall month-end and quarter-end accounting close and financial reporting process.
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditors during interim and year-end audits.
- Interact with the Company’s Property Manager accounting personnel.
- Interact closely with the Company's retail platform Sr. Management.
- Analyze and present financial information in a concise and timely manner.
- Supervise, train and assess accounting personnel.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the Accounting group’s process improvement initiatives.
- Support the Company’s implementation of technology and systems initiatives.
- Enforce the Accounting group’s policies and procedures.
Education, Work Experience & Skills and Abilities:
- BA or higher degree in finance or accounting CPA license or equivalent experience required.
- 1 – 2 years in a management or supervisory role overseeing accounting personnel.
- Minimum 2 years of Big 4 or Public Audit/Accounting experience required.
- Yardi experience preferred, not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to manage large volumes of transactions and data.
- High level of Excel and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong initiative with excellent organization skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced and dynamic work environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.