Accounting Systems Analyst – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Accounting Systems Analyst provides their expertise toward the implementation, configuration, administration, development, and support of the Amherst Group accounting and financial software. You will be an integral part of our team, working to build our next generation of financial reporting, budgeting and accounting systems. The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of at least one major commercial accounting package as well as experience with all phases of the SDLC. In addition to creating requirements documents, test plans, use cases, and assisting with implementations, you will provide technical support to the accounting team.
A little more about this role:
- Assist accounting and technology staff with implementation of best practices in Amherst’s accounting and financial software suite
- Maintain internal accounting records related to the ownership of various properties and entities, and ensure the consistency of the data contained therein
- Execute changes to users, roles, and software configurations in compliance with the company’s change control processes
- Provide support for accounting software technical issues
- Work with vendors and consultants to implement third-party applications
- Participate in projects for the continued development, operation and maintenance of accounting software
- Create project and application support documentation including, but not limited to, requirements documents, test plans, use cases, and knowledge base articles
- Assist the accounting department in providing consistent, accurate, timely, and reconciled reporting to all departments, both scheduled and ad-hoc
- Utilize JIRA to maintain up-to-date information on ongoing projects, known issues, and enhancement requests
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of Accounting
- Understanding and experience with functional aspects of accounting and finance
- 3+ years of working experience with MS SQL, SSMS & SSRS.
- 3+ years of working experience with at least one major commercial accounting system. Experience with Yardi Voyager and or Adaptive Insights is a plus
- Familiarity with accounting systems best practices, development methodologies, controls, and procedures
- Must be a self-starter who works well in fast-paced environments
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Requires strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to multi-task
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.