OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About the OJO Finance team
The Finance team is small but highly effective. We strive to provide valuable information to our stockholders through financial performance graphics and insight, as well as accurate and timely financial statements. We are the team behind the curtains that keep the business running financially. The work is not always behind the curtains though, many of our responsibilities require coordination across all departments in the organization. The foundation of our work is built on attention to detail, analytics, research, and problem-solving. We value what makes you different and encourage you to act on your ideas.
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Supervisor will report to OJO’s Accounting Manager and will be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects and functions performed with the A/P function. This role will play an important part in helping shape the team as the company grows and will include exposure to business process optimization within a fast-paced, growing environment.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the work performed by the A/P team, to include ensuring that all bills are paid accurately and on time
- Contribute to the development of A/P processes and procedures
- Responsible for accurate and timely responses and resolution for all requests from internal and external parties, including researching and resolving invoice and/or payment discrepancies
- Perform a variety of A/P-related month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analyses
- Prepare A/P-related reports and reconciliations, both routine and ad hoc
- Oversee the annual 1099 process
- Assist with cash flow management
- Assist with audits and other special projects
- Provide training and contribute to the professional development of the A/P team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Must possess personal values that align with OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Hire Great, Be Compassionate, and Earn Trust
- At least 5 years of experience in A/P with at least 2 years in a managerial capacity
- Degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
- Good understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail are a must
- Extremely organized and prepared to take on an increasing volume of work in an expanding and dynamic corporate environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to quickly learn new systems; NetSuite, Bill.com, and Expensify experience a plus
- Experience working at a technology company is preferred
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home through September 2021, and will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.