Accounts Payable at Expedia Group
Vrbo has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy Accounts Payable Specialist. Vrbo is an Expedia company that brings millions of families together with a whole house vacation rental experience.
We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed in 193 countries and have over one billion visitors per year.What You'll Do:
- Support accounts payable personnel and oversee all activities of accounts payable in routine calculating, posting, payment, and statistical records keeping.
- Provides resolution for escalated queries.
- Compile and prepare reports and records required by management or governmental agencies.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Make independent decisions related to Sarbanes-Oxley controls and the interpretation of prepaid, capex, and accrued expense policies.
- Ensure the accurate coding and analysis of P&L accruals, prepaid invoices, and other General Ledger work as necessary
- Ensure the accurate compilation, fluctuation analysis, departmental allocation, and reporting of accounting data.
- Interact with internal and external auditors conducting quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent follow-through to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to ensure accurate financial statements regarding payable accruals.
- Must accurately prepare month-end close/financial statements with very little room for error in a timely manner.
- Perform periodic audits of accounting procedures ensuring compliance with established Internal Controls, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, regulatory policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years accounts payable experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience working within a team as well as individually in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with tasks requiring organization, attention to detail, prioritization, and time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact cross functionally with all levels of management and across geographies
- Ability to understand the total scope of business while executing on tasks
- Experience in Oracle Financials preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.