Acquisitions Operations Coordinator at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
We seek a self-motivated, driven, highly organized operations professional to join our Amherst Homes Team in Austin as an Acquisitions Operations Coordinator focused on driving new build homes through the Amherst systems and teams. The Coordinator will support the Project Manager for new Single Family Real Estate Build-to-Rent investment mandates and future deals, and will be responsible for the coordination of real estate transactions (small and large deals), timelines, deliverables, and closings. The ideal candidate will have transaction or project management experience, ideally in real estate or real estate services (mortgage lending, etc.) and be able to master subject matter to manage projects across internal operational business teams, communicating effectively with both internal groups and external business partners.
- Manage Pipeline tracking, reporting and scoring for all Amherst Homes Acquisitions efforts; communicate this to relevant internal parties to help prepare for volume
- Independently lead inspection and closings process for hundreds of homes each month
- Lead collaboration with other facets of the business including Legal, Technology, Property Management Team, and Capital Markets Team to execute closings and ensure properties are being marketed correctly
- Understand high-level investment directives and support the project manager to effectuate the execution of the business plan in accordance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work directly with external business partners to oversee, track, & manage multiple projects simultaneously, including identifying and escalating known issues
- Supporting the Project Manager by recommending and implementing solutions to resolve identified project issues
- Create and manage operational checklists to move homes forward towards leasing upon closing
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, and direct company resources to achieve timeliness
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, mastering Amherst internal systems; Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Provide direction and support to the project team via weekly meetings and other means of coordination
- Have a direct engagement and impact with the organization to ensure efficient, effective and long-term scalability of company processes and procedures
What you’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree required with PMP, CAPM, or CSM certificates a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience working in a Project or Transaction Management role, Mortgage or other real estate services experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively to internal and external professionals
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized and proven ability to work in a high-intensity environment getting tasks done quickly and effectively.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Intermediate/Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Just a few other things you should know:
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday, however, occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.