Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single-family rental properties, including property management services, asset-level financing, and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single-family home and mortgage markets, Amherst's platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Acquisitions team is looking for an Analyst who will work in a fast-paced environment, managing and streamlining various acquisition channels. They will be working on the buy-side acquisitions platform in the single-family residential real estate sector. Their main focus will revolve around Auctions and performing a market analysis on areas to invest. The candidate will quickly be overseeing current auctions as well as setting up new auctions.
- Research and Monitor real estate trends preparing market analysis memos
- Locate areas to acquire a single-family acquisition by tracking volume within current investment strategies
- Report on acquisitions in detailed and holistic presentations for senior management
- Create and prepare summary purchase models
- Oversee and help operate day to day auction channel
- Work with our Underwriting team to coordinate auction lists, due diligence drives, title scrubs, and cash scheduling
- Assist in opening up new auctions by locating specific areas to acquire single-family acquisitions by tracking volume within current investment strategies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of real estate
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with internal and external professionals
- Candidate should be extremely detail-oriented and organized with a proven ability to work well in a high-intensity environment to complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Expected amount of travel: 30%
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.